How To Authorize Accounts?
- Click on ‘+Add Account’ OR Click ‘Add Account‘ From DropDown > Authorize Your Accounts.
- After Successful Authorization, you can start exporting data in the spreadsheet.
Note: If you don’t see the menu options, try refreshing the spreadsheet.
How To Export Ads Data In Sheets?
To Export the ads data in sheets, you need to input 4 things (compulsary)
- Date Range
- Fields (Column Names)
- Output Cell (A1 by Default)
- Account Name/ID of the authorized account.
NOTE: You can select multiple accounts but only the same type.
- When you select the first account of type ‘facebook’, you cannot select bing accounts as multiple account to export.
- You can de-select all account to change the account type.
- You can select Custom Date Range Or Pre-Defined Range from the drop down.
- Changing accounts in the account drop down will not refresh the dates.
- You can select upto 9 columns.
- For facebook, the breakdowns & ads columns are integrated in the fields section.
SplitBy & Filters
- Split By: You can split the data by day, week, month.
- Filter By: Use the fields to filter the data.
Bing Filter’s are still in developement phase…
Export Sheet & Cell
- Export Sheet: Name of the sheet in the current spreadsheet
- Export Cell: The cell position (row,column).
- Additional Options: Select the additional options to enable GAupload, noHeaders, Multiply fields,etc
- Export: Export the Data. No Export limit in Beta.
- Log Out: Logout of the currently logged account.
You need to select the ‘Account’ drop down before clicking log out.
- Save Query: It will generate the query ID in the ‘Saved_Queries’ sheet. This Query ID can be used for scheduling ads data export for facebook & bing.
- No Headers: Enabling it will remove the headers row from export.
- GA Upload: Enabling this will export ads data in the format compatible for Google Analytics Upload.
Eg: You can use ‘facebook’ & ‘cpc’ as source & medium for data export. The source & medium column will be appended as the last columns as export.
- Multiplier: Only ‘Spend’ field can be used for multiplying. Include spend field in the query.
How To Save Queries?
Step – 1
- While exporting data make sure to check the ‘Save Query‘ box.
- Also, Select the pre-defined date range ‘Yesterday’, so every day the data would be exported for the previous day.
- The sheet & the cell is recorded when the data is exported with ‘save query’ enabled checkbox. So make sure to save proper sheet & cell.
- After Exporting the data, the ‘QueryID‘ will be generated.
- Query ID contains all the information about the selected settings. (Ads data is never stored, only settings)
Step – 2
- Go To Schedule Tab.
- Select the Schedule Frequency, Time & Timezone.
- Click Schedule & you’ll be shown the message with the queries scheduled.
Note: Data will not be exported for any query if it encounters an error while exporting
Step – 3
- You can even use ‘Export Query‘ to export multiple queries.
- It’s good to save queries in different sheets as the sheet data gets refreshed before new export.
- If you have saved queries in the same sheet make sure to follow the right Cell number sequence as described below in “How To Use Custom Header” section.
Check Here For More: How To Export Multiple Queries in Multiple Sheets
Step 1: Facebook Ads Data Upload
Step 1: Bing Ads Data Upload
- To Upload Facebook OR Bing Ads Data in Google Analytics, Use the Above Setting To Export the Data.
- You can use Multiplier for currency conversion. (currently only spend field can be multiplied)
- Copy the Below Header Rows (for GA Upload) & Paste it in the spreadsheet.
ga:campaign ga:adContent ga:impressions ga:adClicks ga:adCost ga:date ga:source ga:medium
Step – 2
- Open GA > Property > Cost Data.
- Create Cost Data > Enter these Columns as keys.
- Save the dataset.
Step – 3
- Authorize your google account.
- Select the GA Account ID, Property ID & Dataset ID.
- Click Upload to upload the data in the sheet.
Step – 6
- After Clicking Upload Data, the data would be sent to google analytics.
- If Google Analytics Upload completes successfully, you’ll see the Success message.
- Else, You’ll see the Error message & the causes for Errors.
- Lastly, the Upload Data Would Be Updated in the Sheet named ‘Uploaded_Queries‘.
You may receive errors in the following scenarios while exporting Facebook Or Bing Ads data:
- Exporting incompatible fields combination.
- Only Exporting Dimensions Or Metrics. (Eg: Campaign name Or Impressions)
- Token Expired.
- Not including ‘Date Start’ in the field box while breaking it down by date or using GA upload format.
- Request Large Amounts of Data.
“An Unknown Error Has Occurred” – This error mostly occurs on requesting large amounts of data.
Try to reduce the date range & export data in chunks.
Export data at account or campaign level (instead of ad level)
While exporting the data DigiXport refreshes the data export sheet.
The refreshed data is dependent on the output cell.
The data to the right & bottom from the output cell is refreshed.
For Eg: So the data refreshed for the outputcell (2,1) would be as follows:
Even after the export, you can recover the deleted data by pressing CTRL+Z.
- After each product update, you’ll need to refresh the queries. (reset)
- Currently, we have a query limit of 10 max.
- Try clicking ‘Reset All’ to delete all the queries & its scheduling settings.
- Then re-create the queries using the settings
For More Info About
- Creating Reporting Templates & Dashboard
- Using Data Studio with DigiXport
- Using Query Function To Modify The Exported Data.
Check out the reporting guide below.