How To Authorize Accounts?
- Click on ‘+Add Account’ OR Click ‘Add Account‘ From DropDown > Authorize Your Accounts.
- After Successful Authorization, you can start exporting data in the spreadsheet.
Note: If you don’t see the menu options, try refreshing the spreadsheet.
Note: After authorization, Re-Open the sidebar to see the full list of accounts.
Note: Facebook leads ads will be authorized with the Facebook authorization. Currently, we’re in the review process for facebook lead ads so you won’t be able to export leads for a while.
How To Export Ads Data In Sheets?
To Export the ads data in sheets, you need to input 4 things (compulsary)
- Date Range
- Fields (Column Names)
- Output Cell (A1 by Default)
- Account Name/ID of the authorized account.
NOTE: You can select multiple accounts but only the same type.
- When you select the first account of type ‘facebook’, you cannot select bing accounts as multiple account to export.
- You can de-select all account to change the account type.
- You can select Custom Date Range Or Pre-Defined Range from the drop down.
- Changing accounts in the account drop down will not refresh the dates.
- You can select upto 9 columns.
- For facebook, the breakdowns & ads columns are integrated in the fields section.
SplitBy & Filters
- Split By: You can split the data by day, week, month.
- Filter By: Use the fields to filter the data.
Bing Filter’s are still in developement phase…
Export Sheet & Cell
- Export Sheet: Name of the sheet in the current spreadsheet
- Export Cell: The cell position (row,column).
- Additional Options: Select the additional options to enable GAupload, noHeaders, Multiply fields,etc
- Export: Export the Data. No Export limit in Beta.
- Log Out: Logout of the currently logged account.
You need to select the ‘Account’ drop down before clicking log out.
- Save Query: It will generate the query ID in the ‘Saved_Queries’ sheet. This Query ID can be used for scheduling ads data export for facebook & bing.
- No Headers: Enabling it will remove the headers row from export.
- GA Upload: Enabling this will export ads data in the format compatible for Google Analytics Upload.
Eg: You can use ‘facebook’ & ‘cpc’ as source & medium for data export. The source & medium column will be appended as the last columns as export.
- Multiplier: Only ‘Spend’ field can be used for multiplying. Include spend field in the query.
- Append Rows: Data will be exported after the last row. (Headers will not be included)
How To Save Queries?
Step – 1
- While exporting data make sure to check the ‘Save Query‘ box.
- To select the variable date range, select the pre-defined date range ‘Yesterday’, so every day the data would be exported for the previous day. For static range simply select the date range.
- The sheet & the cell is recorded when the data is exported with ‘save query’ enabled checkbox. So make sure to save proper sheet & cell.
- After Exporting the data, the ‘Query ID‘ will be generated & will be exported to “saved_queries” sheet with all the saved settings.
Step – 2
- Go To Schedule Tab.
- Select the Schedule Frequency & Time of export. (Timezone will be the your spreadsheet timezone. You can edit it by going to File > Spreadsheet Settings > General > Time Zone.
- Click Schedule & you’ll be shown the message with the queries scheduled.
Note: Data will not be exported for any query if it encounters an error while exporting
- To halt the scheduling simple click on “STOP“.
- Currently available Schedulings are
- Hourly (Paid Only)
- Weekly (Paid Only)
- Monthly (Paid Only)
Step – 3
- You can even use ‘Export Query‘ to export multiple queries. (even after the scheduling is ON)
- Delete Selected Query: To delete any query simply select the query\queries in the box & click delete selected query. After deleting the refreshed query list will appear in the saved queries sheet.
- Reset All: It will delete all the queries & accounts from the add-on. You can use it to master reset your settings.
- It’s good to save queries in different sheets as the sheet data gets refreshed before new export.
- If you have saved queries in the same sheet make sure to follow the right Cell number sequence as described below in “How To Use Custom Header” section.
Check Here For More: How To Export Multiple Queries in Multiple Sheets
Note: You cannot edit queries once created but delete it & create a new one.
Step 1: Facebook Ads Data Upload
Step 1: Bing Ads Data Upload
- To Upload Facebook OR Bing Ads Data in Google Analytics, you can check the GA Upload box.
- You can use “Multiplier” for currency conversion. (currently only spend field can be multiplied)
Step – 2
- Open GA > Property > Cost Data.
- Create Cost Data > Enter the required Columns as keys.
- Save the dataset.
- Copy the “headers” available in the schema. (ex: ga:campaign, ga:adCost, etc.) & paste it in the above sheet.
NOTE: Make sure to properly map the column headers
Step – 3
- Authorize your google account.
- Select the GA Account ID, Property ID & Dataset ID.
- Click Upload to upload the data in the sheet.
Step – 4
- After Clicking Upload Data, the data would be sent to google analytics.
- If Google Analytics Upload completes successfully, you’ll see the Success message.
- Else, You’ll see the Error message.
- To Automate the process, check link query docs.
To Automate The Google Analytics Upload for multiple accounts. Check Out The NEW Link Query Feature
You may receive errors in the following scenarios while exporting Facebook Or Bing Ads data:
- Exporting incompatible fields combination.
- Only Exporting Dimensions Or Metrics. (Eg: Campaign name Or Impressions)
- Token Expired.
- Not including ‘Date Start’ in the field box while breaking it down by date or using GA upload format.
- Request Large Amounts of Data.
“An Unknown Error Has Occurred” – This error mostly occurs on requesting large amounts of data.
Try to reduce the date range & export data in chunks.
Export data at account or campaign level (instead of ad level)
While exporting the data DigiXport refreshes the data export sheet.
The refreshed data is dependent on the output cell.
The data to the right & bottom from the output cell is refreshed.
For Eg: So the data refreshed for the outputcell (2,1) would be as follows:
Even after the export, you can recover the deleted data by pressing CTRL+Z.
- Make sure that the query is exported without any errors before scheduling (by clicking on “Export Query”).
NOTE: The scheduling will stop if it encounters any errors.
- Logging out of the accounts will also stop the scheduled queries.
- Current Query limit for paid users is 10.
- You can also try re-scheduling the queries. Try clicking ‘Reset All’ to delete all the queries & its scheduling settings.
For More Info About
- Creating Reporting Templates & Dashboard
- Using Data Studio with DigiXport
- Using Query Function To Modify The Exported Data.
Check out the reporting guide below.