Link Query feature will now allow you to upload the data from other multiple sources to multiple Google Analytics accounts.
Make sure to authorize your Google Analytics & other ad accounts.
To get started, follow these steps.
- In the accounts tab, save the query with “GA upload” option checked. This will export the data with the format compatible for GA upload.
- In Google Analytics, create a Data Import of type “cost data” in Google Analytics (check here for more) & copy the headers by clicking on the schema.
Step – 2:
- Complete the Google Analytics Authorization & refresh the addon
- Select the account ID > property ID > Cost data source ID. (make sure to create a cost data source in google analytics.
- Check the Link Query box & select the query to be linked.
(Only the queries with “GA upload” option checked will be listed here)
- You can paste the headers which were copied from the schema but make sure the column ordering is correct.
You can manually input the headers on the query export sheet & they will be fetched in the headers text box when you select the query.
- Now you can click on add query link
Step – 3:
- Click on “Add Query Link”
- You’ll get a new sheet named “DigiXport_QueryLink” with a NEW row for the query & its associated account.
- Make you have the correct “headers” & other GA configuration filled. You can even edit it in the sheet.
- Once everything is done, you can test the setup by selecting the linked query in the schedule tab & clicking on “Test Queries” > “Exported Selected Queries”.
- Now the data will be uploaded to Google Analytics & then the same will be exported to the sheet. You can even check the “manage uploads” list in Google Analytics for the status of the upload.
- Once the test runs fine, you can schedule the query.
NOTE: Always test the query before scheduling it, to make sure it works as expected. Also, you can check the recent execution in the “last run” or “last upload” column(in “DigiXport_QueryLink” sheet).
To delete the link, simply delete the row from the sheet. Click here for the docs.