Step – 1
- Click on ‘+Add Account’ > Authorize Your Accounts.
- After Successful Authorization, you can start exporting data in spreadsheet.
Step – 2
- Account ID: Account Name/ID of the authorized account.
- Date Range: Select Custom Date Range Or Pre-Defined Range from the drop down.
- Fields: You can select upto 7 max fields.
- Split By: You can split the data by day, week, month.
- Filter By: Use the fields to filter the data.
- Export Sheet: Name of the sheet in the current spreadsheet
- Export Cell: The cell position (row,column).
- Additional Options: Select the additional options to enable GAupload, noHeaders, Multiply fields,etc
Step – 3
- Export: Export the Data. No Export limit in Beta.
- Log Out: Logout of the currently logged account.
- Save Query: It will generate the query ID in the ‘Saved_Queries’ sheet. This Query ID can be used for scheduling ads data export for facebook & bing.
- No Headers: Enabling it will remove the headers row from export.
- GA Upload: Enabling this will export ads data in the format compatible for Google Analytics Upload.
Eg: You can use ‘facebook’ & ‘cpc’ as source & medium for data export. The source & medium column will be appended as the last columns as export.
- Multiplier: Only ‘Spend’ field can be used for multiplying. Include spend field in the query.
Uploading Data To Google Analytics
Step 1: Facebook Ads Data Upload
Step 1: Bing Cost Data Upload
- To Upload Facebook OR Bing Ads Data in Google Analytics, Use the Above Setting To Export the Data.
- You can use Multiplier for currency conversion. (currently only spend field can be multiplied)
- Copy the Below Header Rows (for GA Upload) & Paste it in the spreadsheet.
ga:campaign ga:adContent ga:impressions ga:adClicks ga:adCost ga:date ga:source ga:medium
Step – 2
- Open GA > Property > Cost Data.
- Create Cost Data > Enter these Columns as keys.
- Save the dataset.
Step – 5
- Authorize your google account.
- Select the GA Account ID, Property ID & Dataset ID.
- Click Upload to upload the data in the sheet.
Step – 6
- After Clicking Upload Data, the data would be sent to google analytics.
- If Google Analytics Upload completes successfully, you’ll see the Success message.
- Else, You’ll see the Error message & the causes for Errors.
- Lastly, the Upload Data Would Be Updated in the Sheet named ‘Uploaded_Queries‘.
How To Schedule Data Export?
Step – 1
- While exporting data make sure to check the ‘Save Query‘ box.
- Also, Select the pre-defined date range ‘Yesterday’, so every day the data would be exported for the previous day.
- After Exporting the data, you’ll generate the ‘QueryID‘.
Step – 2
- Copy the Query ID.& Paste it in the Query ID filed in Schedule Tab.
- Select The Destination Google Analytics Configuration in ‘GA’ tab.
- Select the Schedule Frequency, Time & Timezone.
- Click Schedule.
You may receive errors in the following scenarios while exporting Facebook Or Bing Ads data:
- Exporting incompatible fields combination.
- Only Exporting Dimensions Or Metrics. (Eg: Campaign name Or Impressions)
- Token Expired.
- Not including ‘Date Start’ in the field box while breaking it down by date or using GA upload format.
For More Info About
- Creating Reporting Templates & Dashboard
- Using Data Studio with DigiXport
- Using Query Function To Modify The Exported Data.
Check out the reporting guide below.